NOTICE: You are viewing a page of the openwetware wiki. Our "dewikify" feature makes a wiki page appear as a normal web page. In April 2017, this feature will GO AWAY and this URL will redirect to the source URL on our wiki. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Home        Protocols        Lab Members        Materials        Equipment        Links        Internal       


Can we get this in the stock room?

Check out MIT ECAT, VWR page (certificates required). There is a listing of items carried in the stock room (link is on the left side of the page).

Need more specific instructions?

What if it's not in the stock room, but VWR carries it?

Order the item through MIT ECAT. You will need an account number (get this from Brenda) and you will need to know the G/L account number to use (if you don't already have a list of these, ask Brenda). You can also use ECAT to order from other companies, like Office Depot and Airgas.

Need more specific instructions?

How do I submit samples for DNA sequencing?

Check out the MIT biopolymers site. The facility also does mass spectrometry, peptide synthesis, and a few other things. You can download all of the forms you need from the site and there are instructions on how to retrieve your data. You will need an account number (talk to Brenda) to submit samples. Talk to someone in the lab about our login and password for the DNA sequencing site. Whenever sending things to biopolymers, be sure to give Brenda a copy of your submission sheets. This helps with questions about charges later on. Also, for DNA sequencing, keep a copy for yourself. Data is posted as 1, 2, 3,..., so it is important for you to remember which sample corresponds to each number.

How do I order things that you can't use a credit card for (like needles, syringes, ethanol, radioactivity)?

  1. Click the "purchasing" tab (at the top of the page).
  2. Look on the left side of the page, about halfway down for the "Non-partner Requisitions" section. Click the "External vendor" circle, then the "Generate Req Form" button.
  3. Fill in the appropriate information on the requisition request sheet, and then click the "submit requisition" button at the bottom. A confirmation page should come up.
  4. Click to display the requisiton. Write down the req number or print out the sheet so you can use it later to get your purchase order.
  5. After creating the requisition, check back on the site later to get your purchase order number.
    1. Go to the "purchasing" tab, look at the left under "look-ups", click on "display a purchase order".
  6. Use the purchase order number when you call the company to place the order.

Where do we order this from?

How do I dispose of full waste containers?

  1. Cap the full waste container and date the red tag.
  2. Place the full container inside the grey bin where the old 90 day area used to be (underneath the hood in 68-565).
  3. Go to EHS Chemical collection and request a pick up.
  4. Generate a new replacement waste bottle complete with a red tag.